Balfour Beatty’s “Build to Last” strategy was created to address a range of challenges and opportunities within the construction and infrastructure industry.
“Build to Last” is a strategy introduced by Balfour Beatty in 2015. The strategy aims to transform Balfour’s operations, culture, and business practices to achieve sustainable and profitable growth over the long term. It was designed to address challenges faced by the construction industry and to position the company for success in a changing business landscape.
The key elements of the “Build to Last” strategy, as outlined in the company’s communications, included:
- Leadership and Governance: Balfour Beatty aimed to enhance leadership capabilities and establish a more effective governance structure to drive performance and accountability.
- Performance Excellence: The company aimed to focus on operational efficiency, innovation, and delivering high-quality projects while maintaining a disciplined approach to financial management.
- Sustainability: Balfour Beatty sought to embed sustainability practices into all aspects of its business, including environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and ethical behavior.
- Commitment to Safety: Ensuring the safety and well-being of employees and stakeholders was a priority for Balfour Beatty, with a goal to eliminate incidents and injuries.
- Customer Focus: The company aimed to build strong client relationships, delivering value and meeting customer needs through excellent service and collaboration.
- People and Culture: Balfour Beatty intended to foster a culture of continuous improvement, employee development, and diversity and inclusion.
The “Build to Last” strategy reflected Balfour Beatty’s commitment to adapt to industry challenges, improve its operational performance, and contribute positively to society and the environment. It was a strategic approach to ensure the company’s long-term success and resilience in a dynamic construction and infrastructure market.
Get industry news in 5 minutes!
A daily email that makes industry news enjoyable. It’s completely free.