Plans for a net-zero secondary school have been approved as part of a major housing scheme.
by Rory Butler / December 19, 2022
Get industry news in 5 minutes!
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, we’ll deliver impactful industry
news straight to your inbox.
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) and Homes England will deliver a new 900-pupil school within the Brookleigh estate, a new 3,500-home development near Burgess Hill.
Willmott Dixon and Kier are thought to be in the running for the Southern Construction Framework project, according to the Enquirer.
The new Bedelands Academy aims to be the first school in West Sussex to achieve Passivhaus certification.
- £57 million Capital Funding (WSCC)
- £18 million Homes England
- 1,000 solar photovoltaic panels
- 296,000 kWh of energy a year
- Motion detection LED lights
On the job
- University of Brighton Academies Trust
- Mid Sussex District Council
The Bedelands Academy will open in September 2025.
If you enjoyed this article, we also recommend JV selected for next phase of East West Rail