Kier has been appointed to redevelop St Mary’s Hospital on the Isle of Wight.
by Rory Butler / December 12, 2022
The Isle of Wight NHS Trust selected the firm to deliver four key projects as part of a £22 million investment in its capital development programme.
- Integrated mental health and community hub (Newport High Street)
- High dependency care unit at St Mary’s
- Emergency care floor at St Mary’s
- New 18-bed acute ward
- Improved patient flow
- Quicker admissions
- Better use of beds
- Increased specialist services
- More elective services
- Better access to diagnostics
- Separation of planned and emergency care
Kier has delivered multiple refurbishments for the Trust over the past 11 years.
“During the project we’ll also provide wider social benefits to the community by offering work placements and apprenticeships, volunteering at the hospital and local charities, and engaging with local schools,” said David McKenzie, MD for Kier (London and Southern).
If you enjoyed this article, we also recommend Jewson sold to Stark Group for £740m