An advanced manufacturing facility for Rolls-Royce and a new film studio are proposed for Scotch Corner in Yorkshire – with procurement for a contractor imminent.
by Rory Butler / December 1, 2022
Developer Scotch Corner Richmond revealed the outline plans submitted to Richmondshire District Council could represent a £350 million investment in Scotch Corner Designer Village.
A lead contractor will likely be announced February 2023, a spokesperson said.
- Small Modular Reactor (SMR) programme
- £200 million investment value
- 23,000 sqm factory
- 3,100 sqm offices
- 300 jobs (100 manufacturing/engineering)
- Overall footprint: three full-sized football pitches
Access from the A6055 via a new roundabout is also planned for the “shortlisted” site.
“The new factory […] will generate significant construction jobs and opportunities for local companies in the construction supply chain,” said the developer.
Film and TV studio
- five buildings (30,650 sqm)
- sound stages, workshops, storage
- post-production and offices
- 238+ parking spaces
- shared access with Rolls-Royce
- up to 500 jobs
- apprenticeships and training opportunities
“The two new proposals seek to attract major new investment into the area in the shape of an advanced manufacturing facility for Rolls-Royce, along with a new state-of-the-art film studio,” said the developer.
If you enjoyed this article, we also recommend £200m Cambridge lab deal – the client team